- 2016 - 2017 flip book version below, the option to download as a .pdf is also available via this file
- Towards a National Strategy for Laser-based Manufacturing - leaflet
- Laser-based Manufacturing Applications: UK Roadmap 2014 - report
Comment & Opinion
- Laser welding needs 'sound scientific understanding', says Professor Stewart Williams, S. Williams, Laser Systems Europe, May 2015
- L Wang, Y Wang, PB Prangnell, JD Robson, "Modelling of intermetallic compounds growth between dissimilar metals", Metal and Mater Trans A, (2015)
- K.L. Wlodarczyk, M. Ardron, A.J. Waddie, A. Dunn, M.D. Kidd, N.J. Weston, and D.P. Hand, “Laser microsculpting for the generation of robust diffractive security markings on the surface of metals,” Journal of Materials Processing Technology 222, 206-218 (2015)
- S. Tammas-Williams, H. Zhao, F. Leonard, F. Derguti, I. Todd, P. B. Prangnell, XCT Analysis of the Influence of Process Parameters on Defect Population in Ti-6Al-4V Components Manufactured by Selective Electron Beam Melting, J Mater Character (2015)
- G. Pardal & S. Meco & S. Ganguly & S. Williams and P. Prangnell, Dissimilar metal laser spot joining of steel to aluminium in conduction mode, Int J Adv Manuf Technol, 73 (2014) pp. 365–37.
- L. Wang, Y. Wang, C. Zhang, L. Xu, J.D. Robson, P.B. Prangnell, Controlling Interfacial Reaction During Dissimilar Metal Welding of Aluminium Alloys, ICAA14, Mater Sci Forum, 794-796 (2014) pp 416-421.
- Richard M. Carter, Jianyong Chen, Jonathan D. Shephard, Robert Thomson and Duncan P. Hand: “Picosecond Laser Welding of Similar and Dissimilar Materials”, Applied Optics, (2014) Project: Ultrashort pulsed laser welding of optical materials
- Meco S, Ganguly S, Williams S & McPherson N (2014) "Effect of laser processing parameters on the formation of intermetallic compounds in Fe-Al dissimilar welding", Journal of Materials Engineering and Performance, 23 (9) 3361-3370.Project: Study of fundamental laser material interaction parameters in powder melting
- Pardal G, Meco S, Ganguly S, Williams S & Prangnell P (2014) I, "Dissimilar metal laser spot joining of steel to aluminium in conduction mode" International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology, 73 (1-4) 365-373.Project: Study of fundamental interaction parameters in powder melting
- Ofem U, Ganguly S, Woodward N & Williams S (2014) "Investigation of Thermal Cycle and Metallurgical Characteristics of Hyperbaric Gas Metal Arc Welding", International Journal of Offshore and Polar Engineering, 24 (1) 61-67.Project: SMART Laser technology for cutting and welding
- Ganguly S, Wescott A, Nagy T, Colegrove P & Williams S (2014) "Characterisation of residual stress state and distortion in welded plates stress engineered by local mechanical tensioning" Materials Science Forum, 772 187-191. Project: SMART laser technology for cutting and welding
- M. Ardron, N Weston, D Hand: "A practical technique for the generation of highly uniform LIPSS", Applied Surface Science, 313 (2014) 123–131
- A. Dunn, J. V. Carstensen, K. L. Wlodarczyk, E. B. Hansen, J. Gabzdyl, P. M. Harrison, J. D. Shephard, D. P. Hand, “Nanosecond Laser Texturing for High Friction Applications” Optics and Lasers in Engineering, 62 (2014) 9-16
- D. P. Hand, K. L. Wlodarczyk, F. Albri, J. Li, M. Ardron, R. M. Carter, J. D. Shephard: “Precision laser processing for optical device manufacture” 15th International Symposium on Laser Precision Microfabrication, Vilnius, Lithuania, June 2014 Project: Laser finishing - improving the surface finish of powder bed and wire based additive manufacture components.
- Duncan Hand: "First steps in producing a UK Roadmap", AILU workshop, Innovations for economical growth: The UK uptake of Laser Materials Processing, 8th July 2014, MTC Coventry
- Andrew Moore, “Optical metrology for additive manufacture of metals”, Congress of the International Commission for Optics (ICO23), Santiago de Compostela, August 2014
- Andrew Dunn, Krystian L Wlodarczyk, Jonathan D Shephard, Duncan P Hand: “Laser Texturing for High Friction Applications” ICALEO 2014, San Diego
- P.B. Prangnell, J. Donoghue, A. Gholinia, O. Ciuca A.A. Antonysamy, EBSD Analysis to Understand Additive Manufacturing (3D Printing) in Titanium: RMS – Electron Backscatter Diffraction Meeting, March 2014, London.
- R. M. Carter, J. Chen, J. D. Shephard, R. Thomson, D. P. Hand: “Picosecond Laser Welding of Similar and Dissimilar Materials”, 15th International Symposium on Laser Precision Microfabrication, Vilnius, Lithunia June 2014 Project: Ultrashort pulsed laser welding of optical materials
- I. Bitharas, V. Beyer and A.J. Moore, “Visualisation of shielding gas flows during high value manufacture”, 3rd Annual EPSRC Manufacturing the Future Conference, Glasgow, September 2014
- Duncan Hand, Stewart Williams and Ken Lipton "Laser-based Manufacturing: Towards a National Strategy for UK Growth" at 3rd Annual EPSRC Manufacturing the Future Conference, Glasgow, September 2014
- ILAS 2015: "Embedding Optic Sensors into Stainless Steel by Selective Laser Melting" Dirk Havermann, et al
- ILAS 2015: "Towards a National Strategy for Laser-based Manufacturing", Duncan Hand
- ILAS 2015:" Hollow-core Negative Curvature Fibres for the delivery of high peak power nanosecond and picosecond pulses for micro-machining applications" Piotr Jaworksi, Richard M Carter, Fei Yu, William J Wadsowrth, Tim A Birks, Jonathan C Knight, Jonathan D Shepherd, Duncan P Hand
- ILAS 2015: " Parallel robot platform for 3D freeform manufacturing" Rainer J Beck, Nick Weston, Jonathan D Shepherd, Duncan P Hand
- ILAS 2015: "Welding of highly dissimilar materials using ultrashort (few picoseconds) laser pulses" Jianyong Chen, Richard M Carter, Robert R Thomson, Duncan P Hand
- ILAS 2015: "Science underpinning: the route to laser based manufacturing success" Stewart Williams and Wojciech Suder
- ILAS 2015: "Laser to increase the deposition rate of wire plus arc additive manufacturing" Goncalo N Pardal & Stewart Williams